This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
These Hocus Pocus inspired brownies are rich and fudgy and topped with gooey marshmallow and a black cat Binx treat!
This is a fun recipe to make with your kiddos. Mine especially love the sticky marshmallows!
Welcome! It is almost Halloween which means it is time for this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipe and giveaway event!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 4th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 28 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
41 Pieces Silicone Bakeware Set
3 Piece Halloween Silicone Spatula Set
Nordic Ware Haunted Skull Cakelet Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsor to winner, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 11th – October 15th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 1 (ONE) prize pack and therefore we will have a total of 1 (ONE) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Binx Marshmallow Fudge Brownies
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the topping:
- 7 oz jar marshmallow cream
- 1 package Halloween black cat PEEPs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with aluminum foil and let the edges hang off the sides and coat with non stick spray.
- Add chocolate chips to a small bowl and microwave for 45 seconds. Stir, then microwave for another 15 seconds.
- Stir until smooth then set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl add eggs and butter and beat until smooth.
- Add eggs then vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl add the dry ingredients: flour, salt, and cocoa.
- Whisk to combine and sift to get out any extra clumps. Then slowly mix into the wet ingredients.
- Finally stir in the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Pour into the greased pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting with marshmallow topping.
For the topping:
- Preheat broiler.
- Spread entire jar of marshmallow cream on the top of the cooled brownies.
- Place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes until browned on top.
- Cut into 9 squares and top each square with a black cat PEEP ( you can use a toothpick to hold them up).
Line an 8×8 baking dish with aluminum foil and let the edges hang off the sides and coat with non stick spray.
Add chocolate chips to a small bowl and microwave for 45 seconds. Stir, then microwave for another 15 seconds.In a large bowl add eggs and butter and beat until smooth.
Stir until smooth then set aside to cool.
In a large bowl add eggs and butter and beat until smooth.
Add eggs then vanilla and mix well.
In a separate bowl add the dry ingredients: flour, salt, and cocoa.
Whisk to combine and sift to get out any extra clumps. Then slowly mix into the wet ingredients.
Finally stir in the melted chocolate and mix well.
Pour into the greased lined pan and smooth the top.
Bake for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Let cool completely before frosting with marshmallow topping.
For the topping: spread entire jar of marshmallow cream on the top of the cooled brownies.
Place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes until browned on top.
Now add some cute Halloween themed PEEPS marshmallows on top!
I ordered a variety pack on Amazon but you can also find these at the grocery store.
I used the black cats since these are Binx Brownies.
Remove brownies from the pan and cut into 9 squares.
Top each square with a black cat PEEP ( you can use a toothpick to hold them up).
These Binx Brownies are ready to serve- they are extra fudgy and gooey so be sure to have lots of napkins ready!
Check out all of these great #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes for today.
- Disney Villain Charcuterie Board from Big Bear’s Wife
- Grave Yard Snack Mix from Semi Homemade Recipes
- Jelly Filled Ghost Donuts from Jen Around the World
- Cake Top Forward Halloween Cake from Pint Sized Baker
- Witch Finger Pretzels from Fresh April Flours
- Caramel Apples from Devour Dinner
- Easy Frankenstein Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Halloween Haunted Fault Line Cake from The Redhead Baker
- Blood & Guts Cinnamon Rolls from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Bloody Vampire Cherry Floats from Cookaholic Wife
- Candy Corn Cookies from Eat Move Make
- Halloween Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods from House of Nash Eats
- Friday the 13th Pancakes from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Spider Donuts from The Flour Handprint
- Haunted House Cake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Peanut Butter Ghost Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Apple Spice Cake Donuts from It’s Shanaka
- Pumpkin Patch Cookie Cups from Sweet Beginnings
- Candy Corn Butterfinger Bark from Pastry Chef Online
- Spiderweb Cheesecake from The Spiffy Cookie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Mummy Cookies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Oozing Red Velvet Cake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Black Velvet Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Monster Burgers from An Affair from the Heart
- Spider Web Soup (Roasted Pumpkin Tomato Soup) from I am a Honey Bee
- Candy Corn Fudge from Back To My Southern Roots
- Dark Chocolate Black Cat Cookies from Savory Moments
- Three Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies from Our Good Life
- Binx Marshmallow Fudge Brownies from For the Love of Food