This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Hot chocolate is our favorite treat to enjoy all year long!
But this special hot chocolate is perfect for sipping during movie night and is inspired by my favorite Halloween flick, Hocus Pocus.
Made with warm milk and orange tinted white chocolate this festive drink is the ultimate Halloween treat to enjoy this spooky season!
Ava has a sweet tooth like me and she loves helping melt the chocolate for our drinks!
Welcome!!! It is almost Halloween which means it is time for this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipe and giveaway event!!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 4th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 28 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
41 Pieces Silicone Bakeware Set
3 Piece Halloween Silicone Spatula Set
Nordic Ware Haunted Skull Cakelet Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsor to winner, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 11th – October 15th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 1 (ONE) prize pack and therefore we will have a total of 1 (ONE) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Hocus Pocus Halloween Hot Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- orange food coloring
- whipped cream for topping
- Halloween sprinkles for topping
- Halloween themed candy for topping
- marshmallows for topping
- chocolate drizzle for topping
- Add chocolate chips and milk to a medium pot over med low heat.
- Whisk continually so it does not burn and bring to a simmer.
- Once all the chocolate is melted and combined, remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and orange food coloring.
- Pour into mugs and serve immediately.
- I top mine with whipped cream, gummy Halloween candy, marshmallows, colored chocolate drizzle, and Halloween sprinkles.
Add milk to a medium pot over med low heat.
Mix in white chocolate chips.
Whisk continually so it does not burn and bring to a simmer. Once all the chocolate is melted and combined, remove from heat.
Stir in vanilla and orange food coloring.
Pour into mugs and serve immediately.
I top mine with whipped cream, gummy Halloween candy, marshmallows, colored chocolate drizzle, and Halloween sprinkles.
How fun does this look?! I love the look and taste of these sweet drinks.
The more toppings, the better! Right?!
Stella’s all ready for Hocus Pocus movie night! She has her themed shirt and her festive drink!
It’s lick your lips good!
Check out all of these great #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes for today!
- Pumpkin Piñata Cookies from Big Bear’s Wife
- Blood Splatter Cakesicles from Semi Homemade Recipes
- Jalapeno Mummy Poppers from Jen Around the World
- Halloween Brownies from Devour Dinner
- Candy Coated Strawberry Witches from The Redhead Baker
- Mummy Macarons from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifles from Cookaholic Wife
- Monster Mix from House of Nash Eats
- Candy Corn Carmel Thumbprint Cookies from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Candy Corn Popcorn Balls from Sweet Beginnings
- Deviled Corn from Pastry Chef Online
- Mini Halloween Oreo Cheesecakes from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Hocus Pocus Billy’s Grave Pudding Cups from I am a Honey Bee
- Hocus Pocus Hot Chocolate from For the Love of Food