I am back with another delicious Kozy Shack® recipe to celebrate the Summer of Pudding! This time I am using Kozy Shack® Original Recipe Rice Pudding
and turning my everyday pudding into a special treat! I simply add caramel and caramelized sugar to make it a sweet and decadent Caramel Creme Brulee Rice Pudding! Kozy Shack® Rice Pudding is good enough to eat straight out of the carton or use toppings, like fruit and spices, that you already have at home, and create a delicious treat! There is no wrong way to enjoy it!
Summer is here and it’s time to celebrate! Kozy Shack® is hosting the Summer of Pudding – a three- month celebration dedicated to enjoying the simple moments in life and making moments even more delicious with Kozy Shack® Pudding.
Check out their website for more recipes and Summer of Pudding fun!
This weekend is National Rice Pudding Day so what better reason to whip up this fancy treat for your family and celebrate the Summer of Pudding!
Caramel Creme Brulee Rice Pudding
Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup Kozy Shack® Original Recipe Rice Pudding 2 individual pudding cups
- 1 tbsp sugar I prefer brown or turbinado
- 1 tsp caramel syrup/sauce add more depending on how sweet you want it
- Preheat your oven broiler.
- Scoop rice pudding into a 12 oz oven proof dish (or two small 6 oz ramekins will work too).
- Drizzle caramel over the top and mix in to the pudding.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and completely cover the top of the pudding.
- Place on a baking sheet then place in the oven, on the top rack. Cook until the pudding bubbles and the sugar on top caramelizes and browns, about 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and dig in!
Scoop rice pudding into a 12 oz oven proof dish, smoothing down the top.
The individual Kozy Shack® pudding cups are the perfect size
for a small 6oz ramekin too!
Use a large 12oz ramekin (to share the dessert) or two small 6oz ramekins.
Drizzle caramel over the top and mix in to the pudding.
Now time to add sugar (for the caramelized topping!).
You can use turbinado sugar like this.
Or brown sugar like this. I prefer the dark brown sugar but it is sweeter.
Place on a baking sheet in the oven, on the top rack. Cook until the pudding bubbles and the sugar on top caramelizes and browns, about 2-4 minutes.
Remove from the oven and time to dig in while it is nice and warm!
I just love breaking the caramelized sugar crust on top!
What a delicious way to celebrate the Summer of Pudding, right?
Talk about turning a simple dessert into something spectacular!
Find out more at Facebook.com/KozyShack and to share their memories and ideas with the hashtag #SummerofPudding #KozyShack on Instagram and Twitter.