It’s that time of year again: Charlie the beagle dog’s birthday! My feisty pup turned 9 this year and as is our tradition I make him his favorite food to celebrate: Lobster! Yes, you read that right I feed my dog lobster. He loves it more than anything and dances around like a puppy when he sees and smells it. Sometimes he just gets a plate of steamed Maine Lobster, other years I make him a special dish.
Here are two of Charlie’s birthday Lobster meals from years past:
Lucky Dog Lobster and Potato Hash with Hollandaise
This year I decided to make my favorite Lobster Thermidor. Charlie isn’t a fan of mushrooms so he had a heaping plate of fresh lobster for his dinner. We also treated the pups to birthday dog cookies from my favorite dog bakery back home 3 Dogs and a Chick. You can order from their Etsy page here.
Happy Birthday Charlie Brown! You are one loved pup!
Charlie loves me but he’s a Daddy’s boy all the way!
Makes 2 servings
- 2 whole lobsters 1 pound each
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp whipped cream cheese
- 4 large mushrooms diced
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp paprika
- Lemon and parsley garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam lobsters then split shells and scoop out lobster meat.
- Clean shells and rinse.
- Cut lobster meat into small pieces.
- Melt butter in sauce pan and whisk in flour and salt.
- Then add cream cheese and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Add mushrooms and lobster meat.
- Spoon into shells. Top with cheese and paprika.
- Place on baking sheet and cook for 8 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
Did you make this Recipe?Tag @flchefnicole or hashtag #fortheloveoffoodblog
Look at this beauty!
Soft and sweet lobster meat from two Maine Lobsters (tails and claws).
Roughly chop and set aside while you make the filling.
Charlie digging in to his plate of lobster! Happy boy!
I use kitchen shears to cut the tails open and rinse them out.
Then simply stuff with your lobster filling, top with cheese and paprika,
and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
Serve with lemon and a sprinkle of parsley! Creamy and absolutely delicious!
We didn’t forget Charlie’s (and Dylan’s) dessert!
We love you Charlie.
Joanne T Ferguson
G'day! I have always wanted to make Lobster Thermidor, true!
Love your step by step and now I might do!
Viewed as part of Nancy's YBR Round Up!
Wow! What an exquisite meal for a pup!