Why go wild for Wild Blueberries?
CrockPot Blueberry Barbecue Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs bone in skin on chicken wings
- Blueberry Barbecue Sauce:
- 2 1/2 cups frozen wild blueberries thawed
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 small yellow onion diced
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- For the barbecue sauce: add all sauce ingredients to a large saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring often.
- Turn heat to med-low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes until thickened.
- Taste and add more brown sugar if you would like it a little sweeter.
- Carefully pour into a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. Makes 2 cups.
- Add chicken wings to the Crock-Pot.
- Pour 1 cup of sauce on top of wings and toss to coat.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours (or LOW for 5-6).
- Preheat broiler and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Remove chicken wings from Crock-Pot and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes then remove from oven flip the wings and brush remaining 1/2 cup barbecue sauce on the wings.
- Broil for another 3-4 minutes or so until crispy.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot!
Broil for 2-3 minutes.
Connect and share with Wild Blueberries!
Learn more online at wildblueberries.com
Check out their social media pages here:
I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms Meet program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of this product.