|German Chocolate Cupcake from
Owl Always Love Cupcakes in Leesville, LA
|I am still in awe over how perfect this cake was for Stella’s photos.
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 Tbs of vanilla
- 1 cup nuts (almonds for Almond Joy and pecans for German Chocolate), chopped
- 1 cup coconut, sweetened and shredded
- Add nuts and coconut to a food processor and pulse until blended and finely chopped.
- Add milk, sugar, yolks, and butter to a saucepan and cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil, making sure to stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, chopped nuts of choice, and coconut.
- Stir well and set aside to cool and set up.
- Frost on cooled chocolate cake and serve.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers for up to a week.
Recipe from Rebecca at Owl Always Love Cupcakes.
Add milk, sugar, yolks, and butter to a saucepan and cook over medium
Add nuts and coconut.
I used a large spoon to drizzle Almond Joy frosting on the cake.
And don’t worry there’s plenty to go around
so add a few more spoonfuls of frosting!
How amazing do these cakes look?
The thick, gooey, sweet frosting was the perfect topper for the
rich, moist chocolate cake.
Yep, we gave them away as gifts! It was hard to do but I alone would have eaten a plate full so I made the
dumb adult decision to let them go.
I am still thinking about those cupcakes….I may have to make another batch now!
Nothing says you are good friends and we’ll miss you like freshly made cupcakes.
Thanks again to Owl Always Love Cupcakes for the recipe.