Who’s ready for a spell binding good time this Halloween?
These Hocus Pocus Magical Potions are the ultimate spooky cool craft for both kids and adults!
Mix them up with just a few basic supplies and then display your one of a kind magical jars for everyone to see this Halloween season!
Hocus Pocus Magical Potions
- Glass Potion Bottles any size works!
- Baby Oil
- food coloring bright colors work best
- Glitter fine glitter works better than chunky
- string and labels optional
- Fill bottles half way full with baby oil.
- Add 1-2 drops of food coloring to your bottle.
- Replace the cork/lid and shake well to mix.
- Open top and add glitter.
- Finally, fill almost to the top with water.
- Replace the cork top again and shake well to create your potion.
- Optional add a tag and potion name!
I purchased my already labeled Halloween potion bottles for $1 each from the Target Dollar Section. They are so fun!
I also used little glass bottles and tied on tags.
Fill bottles half way full with baby oil.
Add 1-2 drops of food coloring to your bottle.
Replace the cork/lid and shake well to mix.
Open top and add glitter.
These two can’t get enough glitter!
Finally, fill almost to the top with water.
Replace the cork top again and shake well to create your potion.
Optional: add a tag and potion name!
Spooky and pretty too!
I display these colorful potions on my Halloween display tiered tray and also at my upcoming Hocus Pocus movie night!
I have a lot of glass bottles and I want to do a fun project with them, this is a brilliant idea, it’s very easy and has beautiful results, thanks for this tutorial 😀
How far in advance can you make these? Will they mold?
My bottles that I made last year are still on display and look great! They do not mold but stay liquid and you can shake up to mix it. Make as far in advance as you would like!
I made some and I love them. However the Baby Oil keeps leaking from the cork whenever I shake and it shouldn’t because I sealed them with wax. Other than that though they are amazing.