This epic burger is part of a fan-frickin-tastic month-long event hosted by Girl Carnivore, but opinions are always my own!
It’s BurgerMonth2020 with Girl Carnivore and I am so excited to share my mouthwatering grilled beef burger creation with y’all again this year!
I decided to go all out for 2020 and make a double decker stacked burger . I made my own Blackened seasoning blend to crust my burgers and topped them with with caramelized onions and tangy bleu cheese. Check out the recipe below and then scroll down for the giveaway!
Check out my Burger Parody video to the tune of “Old Town Road”. What do you think?
- 1.3 lbs ground beef I use 70/30 ground sirloin blend
- 4 tbsp bleu cheese crumbles
- 1 large red onion peeled and sliced thin
- 3-4 tbsp blackened seasoning recipe link below
- oil for saute
- 2 brioche buns sliced
- lettuce leaves and sliced tomato for garnish
- Form the ground beef into 4 approx 1/3 lb burger patties.
- Add oil to the bottom of a small heavy bottomed pan. I use a cast iron. Place on the heated grill or on the stove on medium heat.
- Add onions and cook, without stirring, until soft and caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the blackened seasonings to a plate and press the burgers into the seasoning, crusting all over including the sides.
- Spray both sides of the burger patties with non stick spray. This helps the seasoning caramelize.
- Heat the grill or a grill pan on the stove over medium heat.
- Grease your grill grates and add all the patties.
- Close the grill cover and grill for about 5 minutes each side (medium).
- Add a tablespoon of bleu cheese crumbles to each patty and close the cover for an minutes to let if warm and melt slightly.
- I also like to spray my buns and add them to the grill then to warm up.
- To plate: add the bottom bun and top with a lettuce leaf and thick sliced tomato. Add two grilled burger patties. Then top with caramelized onions and add the top bun. Secure with a skewer or steak knife and serve warm.
I made a simple blackened seasoning to crust my burgers. Check out the recipe here.
Meanwhile, add the blackened seasonings to a plate and press the burgers into the seasoning, crusting all over including the sides.
Spray both sides of the burger patties with non stick spray. This helps the seasoning caramelize.
Time to grill! Heat the grill to medium and grease the grates.
Add oil to the bottom of a cast iron pan.
Add onions and cook, without stirring, until soft and caramelized, about 15 minutes.
Grill the burgers for around 5 minutes each side for medium temp.
I also like to grill my buns (brush with butter or spray with cooking spray) to warm them.
Add a tablespoon of bleu cheese crumbles to each patty and close the cover for an minutes to let if warm and melt slightly.
To plate: add the bottom bun and top with a lettuce leaf and thick sliced tomato.
Add two grilled burger patties. Then top with caramelized onions and add the top bun.
Secure with a skewer or steak knife and serve warm.
When we grill we go all out! Everything is cooked on the grill including the burgers, side of beans, corn on the cob, buns, and caramelized onions.
Yep, we even grilled dessert! Strawberry s’mores were the bomb!
First day in 2 weeks with no rain so we enjoyed dinner on the patio!
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BurgerMonth Sponsors: Cabot, Anvil & Hammer, New York Beef Council, Red Duck Foods, and Spoonabilities for providing prizes for this epic event. All opinions are my own. The #BurgerMonth giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All winning entries are verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness.
The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. One winner for each weekly giveaway will be selected. The prize packages are sent directly from the sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond or they forfeit the prize and another winner(s) will be chosen.
The #BurgerMonth Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #BurgerMonth posts or entry.
That looks incredible! Those smores have my mouth watering too!
Looks so delicious! Feel like having one now
That is quite the burger! Sounds like a great combination and it looks great, too. What a hearty meal from the grill!
This looks like something my husband would love & the seasonings look amazing! Thanks for the post 🙂
This looks and sounds delicious! We will have to make this the next time we BBQ!
this double decker burger looks delicious. I love a good burger during the summer.
I enjoy grilling my buns too! I’m sure carmelized onions give this an extra kick! Will be sure to save to my pinterest recipe board.
Oh my oh my…I loooooove thick burgers! This looks and sounds oh so delish! I watched your burger video about a week ago on another platform and had a good giggle at it! It’s done really well…;)