Funeral Potatoes aka Party Potatoes are a popular comfort food dish from the Midwest.
They feed a crowd and are served at family gatherings and after funeral luncheons (hence the name).
Serve this crowd pleasing recipe during the holidays this year. It goes great with any meal!
Easy Cheesy Funeral Potatoes
- 15 oz 1/2 bag frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp dried onion
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 1/3 cups Cheddar cheese shredded
- Add soup, butter, sour cream, and seasonings to a saucepan and cook on medium heat until melted.
- Mix in 1/3 cup of shredded cheese until melted.
- Pour the shredded hashbrowns into a greased baking dish.
- Pour the cheesy soup mixture over the potatoes and mix well.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until bubbly in the center.
Six simple ingredients are all you need to make this delicious casserole.
Add soup, butter, sour cream, and seasonings to a saucepan and cook on medium heat until melted.
Mix in 1/3 cup of shredded cheese until melted.
Pour the shredded hashbrowns in a greased baking dish.
Add the cheesy soup mixture to the potatoes and mix well.
Top with remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Serve warm and bubbly. One dish will feed a crowd!
Leave a Reply