Here’s another delicious recipe from Hometown Harvest!
This vegetarian rice salad tossed with a tangy dressing is a nice change from traditional dinners.
The mix of colors, flavors, and textures makes for a fun entree everyone will enjoy.
Scroll down to see the winner of the Hometown Harvest cookbook!
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1-2 bunches green onions, sliced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup salted roasted sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup pine nuts
Honey Ginger Dressing:
- 2 tsp orange juice (or frozen orange juice concentrate)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp ginger
Whisk all ingredients together, adding ginger to taste.
- Combine all ingredients except pine nuts in a large salad bowl.
- Toss to mix and set aside.
- Toast pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium high heat, stirring until fragrant.
- Cool slightly and add to salad.
- Drizzle with Honey Ginger Dressing; stir thoroughly to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
*Recipe from Gooseberry Patch‘s new cookbook Hometown Harvest.
For the dressing simply whisk all ingredients together, adding ginger to taste.
I used about 2 Tbsp of ginger paste.
Cook 3 cups of wild rice and let cool slightly.
(About 1 – 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice)
Chop up all you ingredients.
Mix all ingredients except pine nuts in a bowl.
Toast dry pine nuts over med high until golden, about 2 minutes or so.
Add pine nuts and combine. Enjoy!
Serve warm or refrigerate and serve chilled.