Looking for a spooky and easy to make dinner idea for Halloween? Try this Monster Foot Loaf for a spine-chilling meal!
Monster Foot Loaf
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium yellow onion grated (reserve ends for toenails)
- 1/2 white pepper
- 1/2 tsp -1 tsp salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- For the sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan with non stick spray.
- In large bowl add all meatloaf ingredients.
- Gently mix together ( I use my hands or a rubber spatula) until combined.
- Divide mixture in half and place on the greased pan.
- Form each half into a large foot shape.
- Using the remaining ends of the onion cut into ten toenails. Please 5 on each end of the "feet" .
- Mix up the sauce until smooth and reserve about 1/4 cup for topping after baking.
- Spread on top of the meatloaf feet, making sure some drips down the sides.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until center is cooked through.
- You can serve with the remaining sauce or spread it on top.
- Cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
In a large bowl add all meatloaf ingredients.
I like to add ground mustard, pepper, and salt. Along with fresh garlic. You can adjust these to your tastes and even add a seasoning blend.
My secret to a juicy meatloaf: grated onion! A grated sweet yellow onion, juice and all, add flavor and moisture!
Gently mix together all ingredients until combined. I use my hands and don’t mush together snd overnight or it will be tough!
Divide mixture in half and place in a greased large baking dish. Form into two large foot shapes.
Make your sauce by combining one cup ketchups and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Mix until smooth.
Reserve some sauce for topping after baking then spread about 3/4 cup of sauce all over the feet making sure to coat tops and sides well.
Using the remaining ends of the onion cut into ten toenail squares.
Add five onion nails to each end of the feet.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 50 minutes until done.
Top with extra reserved sauce (or serve on the side). Let cool for about 5 minutes.
Slice and serve your spooky meal!
Leave a Reply