The chef at Pot Roast and Pinot was kind enough to share his Key Lime filling recipe with me and paired with my simple and delicious graham cracker crust and fresh whipped cream it can be described with one word: perfection.
Read my restaurant review here.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup key lime juice
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cup graham crackers, crushed
- 7 tbs butter, melted
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- small lime wedges
- lime zest
- raspberry sorbet
4. Mix melted butter with crushed graham crackers and sugar and pack on the bottom and sides of a cheesecake or tart pan.
5. Also chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
8. Remove, let cool at room temperature.
7. Refrigerate for 6- 8 hrs or overnight.
For whipped cream:
- Place mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer so they are chilled before mixing.
- Add heavy cream, vanilla, and brown sugar to a mixer and beat on high until smooth and soft whipped peaks form.
To plate pie:
- Spread whipped cream on top as if frosting a cake.
- Sprinkle with lime zest and top with wedges of lime.
- You could instead simply serve a dollop of whipped cream on top of each slice.
- Optional: serve with raspberry or strawberry sorbet.
Key lime filling recipe from Pot Roast and Pinot.