Happy Movie Monday, friends!
This month’s theme is Lucky movies so I chose one of my favorite romantic flicks, P.S. I Love You. This movie is all about being lucky in love and is set in Ireland so it fit the theme perfectly. In honor of this lucky movie I created these Lucky in Love Chocolate Shamrock Shakes.
These delicious Shamrock Shakes are a blend of chocolate milkshake and green mint shake. Perfect for sharing with your lucky loved ones on movie night.
These goofballs loved the milkshakes so much they didn’t even save me a sip!
On the last (or fourth) Monday of each month, a group of bloggers participate in a #MovieMondayChallenge, hosted by C’mon Get Crafty! We decide on a topic, genre, or specific movie to use for inspiration and everyone gets free reign to create something wonderful!
Now let’s see what everyone else was inspired to create for this month’s #MovieMondayChallenge!! If you’d like to join our Facebook group, you can request an invite here.
Makes 2 small milkshakes
- 8 scoops vanilla ice cream, divided
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 tsp mint extract
- 5 drops green food coloring
- chocolate magic shell sauce, for drizzle
- whipped cream and green sprinkles, for topping
- Place two glasses in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and immediately drizzle both with chocolate Magic Shell sauce along the rim. Let harden for a moment then place back in the freezer while you make the milkshake.
- For the chocolate milkshake layer: blend together 4 scoops vanilla ice cream, 1/4 cup chocolate syrup, and 1/2 cup milk in a blender.
- Pour into each glass, filling half way.
- Now to make the mint milkshake: add 4 scoops vanilla ice cream, 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 tsp mint extract, and 5 drops green food coloring.
- Blend in a blender then pour into glasses, on top of the chocolate layer.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
- Add a straw and enjoy!
Drizzle both chilled glasses with chocolate Magic Shell sauce along the rim.
Let harden for a moment then place back in the freezer while you make the milkshake.
Start with 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream.
Add to a blender along with 1/2 cup milk.
Now add chocolate syrup. Yummmmm.
Mix until blended.
Pour into each glass, filling half way.
Now to make the mint milkshake: add 4 scoops vanilla ice cream, 1/2 cup milk,
1/4 tsp mint extract, and 5 drops green food coloring.
Blend in a blender until smooth.
Pour into glasses, on top of the chocolate layer.
Add a straw and enjoy!
The perfect drink for Lucky Movie Monday!
Check out more Movie Monday crafts and recipes here inspired by LUCK!