delicious veggie dish will trick your taste buds and make you think
you’re eating a rich and cheesy fettuccine pasta dish! But wait–it’s
squash pasta instead! Super easy with only 6 ingredients, this recipe is
healthy and filling and even your meat and potatoes lovin’ family with
gobble this dish up!
- 4 ounce Philadelphia Italian Herb and Cheese Cooking Creme or Alouette Garlic and Herb Cheese (or similar cream cheese)
- 5-6 mushrooms , sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 yellow squash and/or zucchini, peeled
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt/pepper, to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium and add olive oil.
- Add sliced mushrooms and saute until soft.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile, peel squash length wise all the way down to the seeds. You should have long strips of squash (about 1 1/2 cups per squash).
- Toss in squash, season with salt and pepper and saute for a minute, until cooked down.
- Mix in creme and stir to combine, cooking for another minute.
- Pour into serving bowl and top with shredded Parmesan.
- Optional: also delicious with sliced chicken or sausage!
Just a few simple flavorful ingredients make this squash pasta.
Heat a skillet over medium and add olive oil and mushrooms. Saute until soft then add garlic and saute another 30 seconds.
Peel squash length wise all the way down to the seeds.
Toss in squash, season with salt and pepper and saute for a minute until cooked down.
Mix in creme and stir to combine, cooking for another minute.
Serve warm with Parmesan cheese on top.
Of course, you can also add meat to the squash pasta! I added spinach and cheese sausage the next night for a tasty and filling meal even Ava liked!~