Happy St Patrick’s Day week, friends!
We love serving traditional foods this week like corned beef and cabbage and Reuben sandwiches. I created this appetizer recipe of bite size Reuben Sandwich Bites for a St Patty’s party. They are also perfect for using up leftovers!
Makes 8 bite size sandwiches
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, cut into 4ths
- 2 slices thick cut corned beef sandwich meat, chopped
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1/4 cup 1000 Island dressing
- Rye or pumpernickel bread, siced into small squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread 1000 Island dressing on one side of each square of bread.
- Top 8 bread sqaures with corned beef, a spoonful of sauerkraut, and a small square of Swiss cheese.
- Add another bread square on top then place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.
- Remove to a platter, secure each sandwich with a toothpick, and serve.
Spread 1000 Island dressing on one side of each square of bread.
Top with sliced corned beef.
Add a spoonful of sauerkraut.
Add a square slice of Swiss cheese.
Top with bread squares.
Place on a lined baking sheet.
Bake for 5 minutes until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
Place on a platter and secure with toothpicks.