This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Happy #SpringSweetsWeek !
This hearty breakfast bread is a delicious springtime morning meal featuring two of my favorite fruits, strawberries and rhubarb.
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2021 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks! With the weather warming up and flowers beginning to bloom let’s celebrate with spring sweets and a fun giveaway! This year 24 food bloggers from around the country are sharing over 100 sweet recipes that are perfect for the spring season. So say goodbye to the snow and cold and get ready to enjoy the best spring treats like cupcakes, cookies, pies, dessert boards, and even a few beverages! Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you to Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Door County Coffee, Circulon, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway with six amazing prizes and would love if you would take a moment to read about it and the prizes that you can win!
Door County Coffee & Tea Co. is giving away one $50 gift certificate to doorcountycoffee.com so that one lucky reader can try any of their amazing coffees and teas.
Door County Coffee & Tea Co. was founded in 1993 in Door County, Wisconsin. It is a small, family-owned business, roasting coffee the old-fashioned way – in small batches to exacting specifications. The mission has always been to produce some of the best-tasting and highest quality coffee. They have over 100 types of coffee, all of which are roasted right on site. Visit https://www.doorcountycoffee.com/ to see their selection of coffees and teas as well as to find some fabulous recipes.
Dixie Crystals is giving away one propane kitchen torch which is ideal for caramelizing creme brulee or roasting peppers in a snap!
Since 1917, Dixie Crystals® has been the South’s choice for high-quality sugar and sweeteners. Our pure cane sugar products are all natural, non-GMO and provide consistently delicious results. Visit https://www.dixiecrystals.com/ for hundreds of recipes, holiday ideas, and plenty of baking videos.
Melissa’s Produce is giving one reader a Fabulous Fruit Fare Basket. Forget your basic apples and bananas and try faraway tropical fruits such as Mango, Papaya, Gold Pineapple, and Coconut, and exotic treasures like Asian Pear, Kiwi, Pepino Melon, Baby Bananas, Seasonal Tangerines, and Kumquats.
Joe and Sharon Hernandez founded Melissa’s Produce with a decade of produce industry experience in a small, rented produce warehouse lunchroom. The Melissa’s brand is named after Joe and Sharon’s daughter, who takes an active role in the company. The company’s Food Service Division has become a full-service operation that supplies culinary professionals with staples, exotics and Melissa’s full line of organic produce. Visit https://www.melissas.com to find the very best fruits, vegetables, gifts, and to get tasty recipes!
Circulon is giving one reader a 5 piece baking set including two 9-inch cake pans, a 9 x 13 baking pan, a 9 x 5 loaf pan, and 10 x 15 cookie pan! It’s everything you need to get baking in the kitchen.
Circulon’s commitment to detail and design for nonstick cookware makes your time in the kitchen more enjoyable due to their 4 “Must Haves” of everyday cooking. The first is nonstick performance. The Circulon TOTAL® Nonstick System of raised circles and triple-layer premium nonstick reduces surface abrasion from cooking utensils to enhance nonstick durability. Then there’s durability. Hard-anodized, stainless steel, and aluminum construction is backed by a hassle-free lifetime warranty for built-to-last cookware you can count on. The last two are even heat distribution and easy clean up. No matter what piece you buy it is sure to meet your expectations and help you enjoy your time in the kitchen. To see all the Circulon products visit https://circulon.com/ .
Taylor & Colledge is giving one lucky winner a trio of extract pastes. One winner will receive Almond Extract Paste, Lemon Extract Paste, and Lavender Extract Paste to help you do your own spring baking!
Taylor & Colledge was founded in 1897 in Australia and has been making extracts ever since! Their products can be used in two different ways when you baking. Whether you use the products as the fragrant, hero ingredient in your baking, or whether it’s a supporting sidekick, you can be assured that with Taylor & Colledge, it will be a pure, rich, full-flavored ingredient in your baking every time. Visit https://www.taylorandcolledge.com/ to learn more about their extracts.
Nairn’s Oatcakes is giving away six of their awesome products to one winner. The winner will receive Nairn’s Gluten Free Original Oat Grahams, Nairn’s Gluten Free Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Nairn’s Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Oat Grahams, Nairn’s Gluten Free Caramelized Onion Flatbreads, Nairn’s Gluten Free Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Nairn’s Organic Oat Crackers.
Nairn’s knows a thing or two about oats, they’ve been baking with them since 1896 when John and Sarah Nairn first opened their bakery in Strathaven, Lanarkshire. Since then their team has grown and they have two Edinburgh bakeries. They have a devoted team at each working on their recipes, mixing techniques, and ever-growing range. Check out their products and blog at https://www.nairns-oatcakes.com/
Strawberry Rhubarb Breakfast Bread
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- 1 cup rhubarb trimmed and diced
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl and mix together on medium until smooth.
- Add one egg at a time and then vanilla and continue to mix.
- Now stir in sour cream and mix well.
- In another large mixing bowl add flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- With the mixer running slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet batter. Mix just enough to combine.
- Finally add 3/4 cup diced rhubarb and 3/4 cup diced strawberries and gently stir in with a spatula.
- Spray a loaf pan or mini loaf pan (6) with non stick spray and pour batter into the pan(s), smoothing the tops.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup strawberries and 1/4 cup rhubarb with the brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Spoon on top of the bread batter.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Let cool before removing from the pan and slicing.
- Serve warm with butter or at room temp and enjoy!
This recipe is sponsored by Circulon. They were nice enough to send me this mini loaf pan to use for #SpringSweetsWeek !
Melissa’s Produce is another sponsor I am working with today.
I knew as soon as I saw the rhubarb in the produce box they sent me, I had to bake up a treat with it!
Add butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl and mix together on medium until smooth.
Add one egg at a time and then vanilla and continue to mix.
Now stir in sour cream and mix well.
In another large mixing bowl add flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir to combine.
With the mixer running slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet batter. Mix just enough to combine.
Finally add 3/4 cup diced rhubarb and 3/4 cup diced strawberries and gently stir in with a spatula.
Spray a loaf pan or mini loaf pan (6) with non stick spray and pour batter into the pan(s), smoothing the tops.
Combine the remaining 1/4 cup strawberries and 1/4 cup rhubarb with the brown sugar in a small bowl.
Spoon on top of the bread batter.
How amazing does this look already?!
Bake for 55-65 minutes until browned and cooked through.
Let cool before removing from the pan and slicing.
Serve warm with butter or at room temp and enjoy!
Monday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Carrot Pineapple Mini Loaves by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hot Cross Bundt Cake by Nik Snacks
- Instant Pot Lemon Lavender Cheesecake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Key Lime Lavender Curd by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Kiwi Coconut Key Lime MIni Cheesecakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Kumquat Pie by Eat Move Make
- Lavender Lemon Mini Loaves by Sweet Beginnings
- Lemon Lavender Macarons by Jen Around the World
- Lemon White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes by Art of Natural Living
- Mandarin Orange and Rhubarb Mini Loaves by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Mandarin Orange Donuts with Ganache Glaze by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mini Blueberry Bread by The Carefree Kitchen
- Mini Lemon Cakes with Lemon Glaze by Family Around the Table
- Mini Pound Cake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake by Pook’s Pantry
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake by Devour Dinner
- No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by House of Nash Eats
- Raspberry Cheesecake Bars by Books n’ Cooks
- Strawberry Rhubarb Breakfast Bread by For the Love of Food
- Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with Crumb Topping by Blogghetti
- Vegan Chocolate Loaf Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- White Chocolate Latte Cupcakes by That Recipe
We share recipes from #SpringSweetsWeek on Pinterest! Make sure you follow the board to see all the delicious recipes shared this week.
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Door County Coffee & Tea Co., Circulon, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.