Wow what a fun fondue week! I thought I would end my Melting Pot inspired fondue week with my very favorite fondue recipe: The Flaming Turtle! Just a few ingredients and you get a decadent, rich, and absolutely delicious dessert fondue! Enjoy and comment below on how your version came out.
|This recipe was my #6 most popular recipe in 2013! View the Top 10 here|
Flaming Turtle Chocolate Fondue
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips or finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 3 tablespoons pecans chopped
- You can either melt the chocolate and heavy cream in a double boiler on top of simmering water and mix until creamy or in a microwaveable bowl cooked in 15 second intervals and stirred until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate into a warm fondue pot.
- Pour the caramel into the center of the chocolate mixture. Do not stir.
- Add the rum to the pot and ignite carefully using a lighter.
- Allow the flame to burn out and stir gently to combine.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Keep fondue warm over low heat.