My kiddos love pizza night and make your own pizza is something we enjoy doing together.
Dessert pizza is a fun treat to make and instead of the traditional pizza crust or cookie dough we decided to use our favorite summer fruit: watermelon!
This dessert is perfect for enjoying seasonal fruit especially juicy watermelon.
They didn’t like the camera flash but they loved the watermelon pizza!
Watermelon Dessert Pizza
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 jar 10oz marshmallow cream
- 1 round slab of watermelon
- 2 cups small round or thinly sliced fruit like strawberries kiwi blueberries, grapes, pineapple, and mandarin oranges
- In a medium bowl add cream cheese and marshmallow cream.
- Blend with a mixer or rubber spatula until smooth. It will be sticky!
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in a thick layer all over the top of the slice of watermelon.
- Now add fruit toppings all over. Do not overlap but fill in every open space.
- Slice into 6-8 thick triangles and serve right away for dessert!
In a medium bowl add cream cheese and marshmallow cream.
Blend with a mixer or rubber spatula until smooth. It will be sticky!
Any small round fruit will work. I did 1 small kiwi, 2 strawberries sliced thin,
a handful of sliced grapes, a handful of blueberries, and a fruit cup of mandarin oranges and pineapples chunks.
I found a perfectly round watermelon and cut it in half then in the largest round center I cut a circular slab out.
Place it on a plate or cutting board.
Spread the cream cheese mixture all over the top of the slice of watermelon. I coat it thick.
You will probably have some of the topping left. Use it as a fruit dip for later.
Spread out the toppings on the pizza. You may have to cut the grapes in half.
Cover all over in every open space with fruit but don’t overlap.
So colorful and fun!
Slice into 6-8 thick triangles and serve right away for dessert.
Everyone loves this fresh and colorful summer treat!