I was brainstorming unique nacho recipes and I saw Pasta Chips on the shelf at the store.
I decided to give it a try and stick with an Italian topping theme. The result was rich and delicious. Go easy on the meat and cheese because the chips can be salty.
Give them a try for game day and enjoy!
- 2 5oz packages Pasta Chips (I used Garlic Olive Oil flavor)
- 4oz (1 cup) pancetta, diced
- 4 slices (about 1/2 cup) salami (or use pepperoni), diced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup green olives, halved
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/3 cup pepperoncini peppers, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped basil, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cook pancetta in a small skillet over medium low heat until crisp. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Assemble the nachos by adding 1/2 the Pasta Chips to a 8X8 baking dish or a 9 inch pie pan.
- Top with 1/2 of the meat, olives, red peppers, artichoke hearts, and pepperoncinis, all sprinkled evenly over the Pasta Chips.
- Add 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese sprinkled evenly on top.
- Now add the remaining Pasta Chips on top.
- Add the other half of the pancetta, salami, olives, red peppers, artichoke hearts, and pepperoncinis sprinkled all over.
- Cover with the Parmesan cheese and the remaining 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted and the chips are warmed.
- Top with a sprinkle of basil.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.