These Slime Lava Cakes are perfect for serving at Halloween parties, move night, or heck just because they look cool! The white chocolate cakes are big enough to share and only require 6 ingredients. The lava filling looks just like slime and reminds me of my favorite green haired ghost, Beetlejuice!
On the last Monday of each month, a group of bloggers participate in a #MovieMondayChallenge, hosted by C’mon Get Crafty! We decide on a topic, genre, or specific movie to use for inspiration and everyone gets free reign to create something wonderful!
Beetlejuice Slime Lava Cakes
- 6 oz white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butter
- green food coloring
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- optional try adding vanilla or mint extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 2 large ramekins.
- Add chocolate and butter to a bowl. Microwave for 1 minute on 50% power. Stir then repeat in 30 second intervals until smooth and melted.
- Add 10 drops of green food coloring and stir.
- Set aside and let cool slightly.
- In another bowl, beat together eggs and egg yolks until foamy.
- Add sugar and beat for another minute.
- Not pour in the chocolate mixture and stir until smooth.
- Finally add the flour and mix well.
- Divide batter evenly into 2 ramekins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the tops of the cakes are slightly firm to the touch and golden.
- To serve, run knife around the outer edge of the ramekin. Place a plate on top of the ramekin and invert. When you cut into the individual cakes the green "slime" will ooze out!
- Serve warm immediately. Each cake is big enough to share!
In another bowl, beat together eggs and egg yolks until foamy.
Finally add the flour and mix well.
Divide batter evenly into 2 large greased ramekins.
Bake for 18-20 minutes at 400 degrees.
The tops of the cakes should be slightly firm to the touch and golden.
To serve, run knife around the outer edge of the ramekin.
Place a plate on top of the ramekin and invert.
When you cut into the individual cakes the green “slime” will ooze out!
. Each cake is big enough to share!
Serve warm immediately and enjoy!
Now let’s see what everyone else was inspired to create for this month’s #MovieMondayChallenge : Halloween movies!
What a fun treat! Beetlejuice is one of my favorite Halloween movies!
Rebecca at SimplePracticalBeautiful.com
That's a perfect cake for Halloween. I might have a hard time eating the slime, but it sure looks cool. And it sounds like it tastes delicious.
Sam - Raggedy Bits
What a fab idea for Halloween goodies!! Haven't seen Beetlejuice for years but your post has made me want to!!
Phoebe @ GettingFreedom
We haven't watched Beetlejuice in quite some time! I think I need to make these and have a movie night!
This is perfect for Halloween! I can't wait to try making it!
I love Halloween so much. These are fantastic!
They look like something Beetlejuice would love to eat…including the spiders, hahaha!
Just now found your blog. Great recipe!