This is the definition of a true man’s meal and that’s why it’s named after a real manly man: Cowboy Spaghetti!
The ultimate comfort food, with both ground pork and crispy bacon, and lots and lots of gooey cheese, this will make even the pickiest man a spaghetti fan!
Cowboy Pork Spaghetti
- 12 oz spaghetti pasta
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 yellow onion diced (I prefer Vidalia)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup bacon chopped (about 3-4 slices)
- 4 green onions diced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 tbsp hot sauce I use Tabasco
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Optional: in Rachael Ray's version she adds 1/2 cup beer!
- Add 1 tbs olive oil to a skillet and heat to medium.
- Add onions and saute until almost translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Then add additional olive oil if needed and the garlic and salt and pepper.
- Stir continually so the garlic does not burn.
- While the onions cook, add the ground pork to a deep skillet over medium heat.
- Crumble and cook until no longer pink, then drain.
- Add the onion mixture to the cooked pork, then add tomato sauce.
- Turn heat to low and add Worcestershire, hot sauce, and additional salt and pepper then let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil then add pasta and cook according to package, about 11 minutes. Then drain and add to the tomato sauce mixture.
- Mix in 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese to the sauce and it's ready to serve!
- Top off each spaghetti serving with a sprinkle of bacon, cheese, and green onions.
Don’t add the garlic too early. Let the onions caramelize and cook down, then add the garlic. If you add it too early it will burn and stick to the bottom of the pan.
Sprinkle with toppings and serve hot.
Time for dinner!