I remember my Mom making Sloppy Joes for dinner using Manwich sauce when I was a little girl. I thought it was the bees knees! My little girl isn’t quite to the Sloppy Joe level yet and I must admit it’s been a while since I have tried Manwich’s sauces. So I was excited when they sent me a selection of their tasty sauces to try and asked me to create a recipe using them. Well, since my resolution was to eat more veggies, less meat I wanted to show y’all that you can make more with Manwich than just a traditional Sloppy Joe.
This is how I came up with my Manwich Roasted Vegetable Stew. Now this is my meat free version so feel free to add ground meat or even sausage or chicken to yours but I thought the hearty veggies were filling and tasty with the tangy sauce!
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Manwich for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 baking potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 yellow onion, cubed (not too small as it will cook down when roasting)
- 1 cup baby carrots, cut in half
- 1 cup mushrooms, cut in 4ths
- 3oz fresh spinach (I used a spinach and kale mix)
- 15oz can Manwich Bold Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1/2 15oz can Manwich Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, as topping
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped for garnish
- bread or biscuits, to serve on the side
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all chopped veggies on a baking sheet or two and toss with salt and pepper and olive oil.
- Roast veggies until cooked through, about 15-20 minutes. Toss once in between.
- Turn oven temp down to 300 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan oven medium low heat add Manwich sauces and vegetable broth. Whisk to combine and bring to a low simmer.
- Add roasted veggies to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Optional: Pour stew into oven proof soup bowls and top each with shredded cheese.
- Place bowls on baking sheet and heat in the oven for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove and top with green onions and serve with warm bread or biscuits.
Three delicious Manwich sauces to choose from!
Clean and chop your veggies and spread out on a baking sheet or two.
Toss your veggies with salt and pepper and olive oil.
Bakes at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, tossing once in between. They should be cooked through and soft (except the carrots will still have a nice crunch). Turn oven down to 300 degrees.
I went with the Bold sauce for this recipe. It is seasoned with molasses, Worcestershire, garlic, and peppers and has almost a BBQ taste. Because I didn’t want the stew to be too sweet I also used half a can of the original Manwich sauce too.
Simply add the 1 1/2 cans of Manwich Sloppy Joe sauce to a saucepan then whisk in two cups of vegetable broth. Bring to a low simmer over med low and add roasted veggies.
Optional: Once everything is combined and heated pour into oven proof soup bowls.
I love my stoneware bowls!
Add the soup, top with cheese, and place in the oven for about 2-3 minutes for cheese to melt. During this time toast some bread to serve alongside.
Nothing’s better than perfectly melted cheese!
Top with green onions for some crunch and color.
Manwich Roasted Vegetable Stew!
Check out these links:
Leave a Reply