These crabs are devilishly delicious! I’m a seafood lover and crabs are a family favorite. I love serving this recipe throughout the summer. You can convert even the pickiest eaters with these crunchy, sweet stuffed crabs!
Makes 4 crabs
- 8 ounce lump crab meat, cleaned
- 2 ounce Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp grated horseradish
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp green onions,chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1 pinch salt/white pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- lemon wedges and parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place 4 cleaned open crab shells (blue crabs work best!) in an 8X8 baking dish.
- If you don’t have crab shells you can use 6 oz greased ramekins instead.
- Mix all ingredients (except paprika) in a bowl until well combined.
- Scoop about 1/2 cup into each shell/ramekin.
- Sprinkle paprika on top of each crab stuffing.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- After baking, turn on broiler and brown and crisp topping for 2 minutes.
- Serve with a sprig of parsley and lemon wedges.