Happy New Year’s Eve!
We are getting ready to celebrate the New Year with our traditional big family meal on New Year’s Day. I like to cook quite a few foods that are said to bring good luck every year. I’m sharing those recipes today along with a collection of other recipes and foods to bring you luck, prosperity, and happiness in the New Year!
A few lucky foods included in this recipe roundup:
Cornbread symbolizes gold and money and represent wealth and prosperity in your life .
Black-eyed peas resemble coins and they are said to bring prosperity and wealth along with good luck.
Chinese noodles represent long life.
Pomegranates symbolizes life and abundance and are said to bring fertility, health, and prosperity.
Oranges represent health according to Chinese tradition.
Greens like cabbage and collards represent wealth and money.
Other lucky foods? Pork, red grapes, and lentils!
1. New Year’s Southern Fried Cabbage – For the Love of Food
2. Lemon Basil Grilled Pork Chops – Bitz n Giggles
3. Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes – How Sweet Eats
4. Roasted Sheet Pan Cabbage and Carrots – For the Love of Food
5. Chili Pot Pies with Cornbread Crust – Sweet Peas and Saffron
6. Honey & Ginger Beer Cornbread Muffins – For the Love of Food
7. Instant Pot Stuffed Cabbage Casserole – The Typical Mom
8. Crockpot Black Eyed Peas – Two Pink Peonies
9. Mama’s Hoppin John – For the Love of Food
10. Black Eyed Peas Salad – Veggie Inspired
11. Crazy Good Quick Garlic Noodles – Little Spice Jar
12. Hot Water Cornbread – 4 Son R Us
13. Lucky New Year’s Collard Greens – For the Love of Food
14. Lucky Lentil Soup – Order ISDA
15. Apple Cider Brined Pork Loin – Tao of Spice
16. Broccoli Cornbread – For the Love of Food
17. Sparkling Pomegranate Cider Punch – How Sweet Eats
18. Sweet Corn Spoonbread Casserole – For the Love of Food
19. New Year’s Good Luck Dip with Collard Greens – Ezra Pound Cake
20. Ham Hocks and Black Eyed Peas a Southern New Year’s Tradition – That Recipe
21. Blueberry Honey Cornbread – For the Love of Food
22. Dump And Start Instant Pot Collard Greens – Recipes from a Pantry
23. Black Eyed Peas with Smoky Collards and Cheesy Grits – Vanilla and Bean
24. Lucky Orange New Year’s Cake – Seasonal Cook Book
25. Roasted Garlic Cabbage Steaks – For the Love of Food
26. Mexican Jalapeno and Cheese Skillet Cornbread – My Kitchen Serenity
27. Pork and Cabbage Noodles – For the Love of Food
28. Vasilopita (Greek New Year’s Bread) – Bowl of Delicious
29. Black Eyed Pea Taco Dip – Dancing Through the Rain
30. Oven Roasted Pork Loin with Cabbage and Potatoes – Upstate Ramblings
31. Gorgonzola Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry Pomegranate Sauce – For the Love of Food
32. Black Eyed Pea Cornbread Casserole – Plain Chicken
33. Spicy Pork Dan Dan Noodles – For the Love of Food
34. Roasted Pork and Sauerkraut – Savor the Best
35. Crock-Pot Honey Garlic Pork Freezer Meal – For the Love of Food
36. Roast Pork Loin With Rosemary Brown Sugar Sauerkraut – 4 Sons R Us
37. Black-Eyed Peas And Potato Stew – My Cooking Journey
38. Blue Cheese and Apple Pork Chops – For the Love of Food
39. Spinach Pomegranate Salad – Simply Home Cooked
40. Cheesy Black Eyed Pea Dip – For the Love of Food
41. Almond Vassilopita Cake – Kopiaste
42. Slow Cooker Cabbage – Clean Eating Kitchen
43. Lucky Pork & Black Eyed Peas Nachos – A Worthey Read
44. Pecan Grape Salad – For the Love of Food