This Betty Crocker inspired recipe is easy to make and delicious to eat!
I think they taste just like a York Peppermint Patty~ YUM!
Stay tuned for more St. Patty’s recipes all week, including Corned Beef and Cabbage with Honey Carrots and Horseradish Cream and a mouthwatering appetizer called Irish Boxtys!
Peppermint Patty Cookies
- 1 pouch 1 lb 1.5 oz Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 8 drops green food coloring
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package 6 oz Andes creme de menthe mints, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together cookie mix, butter, extract, food coloring, and egg until soft dough forms.
- Mix the chocolate chips and the mint pieces into dough.
- Scoop dough balls onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly then move to a cookie rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining dough.